Telecom Articles - Written by Arthur Hughes - 6 Comments
Eleven Ways to Reduce Telecom Churn
Telephone companies and cable TV companies (Telecoms) have been offering consumers what they call The Triple Play of phone service, broadband and TV (including movies on demand). The cable companies started it by offering broadband, and later phone service. The Telcos fired back by offering DSL broadband, and most recently by offering a full range of TV and movies. As a result, a small number, and eventually most of the consumers in America will have the option of getting these three services from at least two competing companies.
Click here to read the full article (HTML Link).
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
More In Articles
- How to Do Your Own Market Research & Identify Your Ideal Customer
- Email Strategy Study Group
- Why 21 Links Could Be Key to Your Email Success
- Why do e-mails bounce?
- How does frequency of e-mails affect open, click and conversion rates?
More In Telecom Articles
- Glossary of Telecom Marketing Terms
- Telecom Marketing Issue 01
- Creative Destruction Hits Telecom
- Case Study: Wireless Churn Reduction
- HDTV Bandwidth Requirements
More In Speeches
- Targeted Addressable Advertising Using Digital TV
- Speech on Distance Selling delivered in Athens, Greece by Arthur Middleton Hughes on December 15 2009
- Speech by Arthur Middleton Hughes on How to Retain Insurance Customers Delivered in Philadelphia to PIMA on November 17 2009
- Surviving the Recession Surviving the Recession with E-mail Marketing
- Online Marketing: Driving Traffic, Conversion and Sales